MBA Scholarships Available in Canada, The MBA is a popular program for students who are interested in pursuing a career in business.
While there are many scholarships available to students studying at top universities such as Harvard, Yale and Stanford, only a small number of Canadian schools offer scholarships specifically for international MBA students.
Here we have compiled 10 such scholarships that will help make your dream of attending an MBA abroad come true:
List of scholarships
- The Canada Graduate Scholarship
- The Canadian International Education Trust (CIE) Scholar Award
- CIHR Research Training Grant Program – Postgraduate Studentships in Canada (RTP) for African Canadians and Indigenous People
- AIGS Indigenous Postgraduate Studentship in Canada, Ph.D. Fellowships and Mentoring Programs for Aboriginal Students and Postdoctoral Associates.
- Ford Fellowship to Women from visible minority backgrounds who are pursuing a Master’s degree at an eligible Canadian university or college leading to a doctoral degree at an eligible Canadian university or college leading to a doctorate from an eligible Canadian university or college leading to post-doctoral research fellowships at eligible Canadian universities for students pursuing either their own research project under the supervision of a faculty member with whom they have been assigned on any one year term basis during their studies in order that they may gain insight into how best practices might be applied locally since this would allow them not only learn more about issues surrounding gender equality but also understand how such issues intersect across different fields as well as integrate new information into existing knowledge base!
MBA scholarships for international students
- MBA scholarships for international students
- MBA scholarships for women
- MBA scholarships for students from developing countries, including Africa, Latin America, and Asia. The application process is similar to that of Canada’s main entry program. You have to submit an online application form along with your required documents (including a photocopy of your passport) by 18 July 2019 at 6 pm EST. The shortlisted applicants will be notified within one week after the closing date by email; if you don’t receive any communication within this period then it means either they weren’t interested in your profile or there was something wrong with it that needs fixing before submitting again! Once selected, you’ll receive an email confirming whether you’ve been accepted into the program or not along with details about how much financial aid each year will cost once enrolled at school (don’t forget about tuition fees!).
Schulich School of Business Scholarships
The Schulich School of Business offers scholarships to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
There are over 5,000 Financing sources for you to study in Canada. You can check here
Scholarships are available for:
- Undergraduate students in their final year of study at UBC or any other Canadian university;
- Graduate students enrolled in their first or second year of graduate studies at UBC or any other Canadian university;
- PhD candidates.
MNP LLP Leadership Awards
The MNP LLP Leadership Awards are available to Canadian students who have completed their undergraduate degree and are enrolled in a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at an accredited school. The scholarship amount is $7,500 per year for four years of study or $1 million over the course of your entire career.
The application deadline for this scholarship is March 1st each year; however, there may be times when some scholarships are not awarded due to low demand or other unforeseen circumstances. You can apply by going to mnpllpleadershipawards.com/apply/scholarships
RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program
The RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program is available to First Nations, Métis, and Inuit students.
The program offers up to $10,000 in scholarship money per year for four years of study at an accredited university or college in Canada. Applicants must be registered with the Independent Schools Admissions Office (ISAAO).
To apply for this scholarship:
- Complete your application online by visiting www.rbcannavita.com/scholarships; or call 1-800-263-1169; or write directly to: Indigenous Scholarship Office – RBCannavita PO Box 2425 Stn C Winnipeg MB R3C 2M5
BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity through Education Scholarship Program
The BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity through Education Scholarship Program is a $10,000 scholarship given to students who are studying in the fields of business administration or economics at Canadian universities. Eligibility requirements include being a Canadian citizen, being enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program at an accredited university with a minimum cumulative average of 70%. In addition to meeting the academic requirements above, applicants must also have demonstrated financial need and demonstrate leadership potential with their community service activities.
To apply for this award, you must complete an online application on [this website]. Applications will be accepted from January 1st until March 15th each year (the deadline varies slightly each year).
MBA Scholarship at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
The Rotman School of Management is an excellent choice for any students who are interested in pursuing a business degree. The school offers a master’s program that can be completed within two years, giving you the opportunity to start your career as soon as possible. The MBA scholarship at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto is worth $100,000 and will help cover some of your tuition costs during this time.
The scholarship is available to international applicants from all over the world: no matter where you live or what country you come from, there’s a good chance that this scholarship could help pay for part or all of your education costs!
MBA Scholarships at Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
The Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary has a scholarship worth $20,000 to help students from all over the world attend their MBA program. This scholarship is open to students who are studying in either Canada or abroad and will be awarded based on academic performance and leadership qualities.
Application requirements include:
- 500-word essay describing your goals for the future
- Recommendation letter from someone who knows you well (i.e., a family member)
MBA Scholarships at Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba
The Asper School of Business at the University of Manitoba is currently offering up to $13,500 in scholarships for students who are interested in applying for one of their MBA programs.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled full-time at the Asper School of Business (or another participating business school) as an undergraduate student when you apply
- Have completed your undergraduate degree by June 30th 2020 (the application deadline)
some valuable information
- What is the best way to find scholarships?
The first step in finding a scholarship is to research what types of scholarships are available. You can do this by using websites like CanadianScholarships or ScholarshipCanada, or by searching through your school’s website or contacting them directly. Some useful keywords might be “MBA” or “MBA grad”.
- How do I apply for a scholarship?
There are many different ways of applying for a scholarship, depending on what makes sense for you and your situation. For example: if you’re looking at full-time studies at an American university where tuition fees are high (and therefore unlikely), then applying via their online form may be easier than submitting an essay online; alternatively if there is no formal application process then perhaps completing some kind of application form would result in more success.
We hope this list helps you find the right scholarships for you, whether they’re available in Canada or not.